Monday, October 17, 2011

Wheeeee!!!!

Oh it's so good to be back!  I think about posting here all the time, in between yard sales, multiple dental appointments, e-mails that proliferate like bunnies underfoot, and daily anxiety attacks!  The time is drawing near so quickly!  The buyer needed a co-signer...oh no!...but here comes the Dad to the rescue.  Whew!  But the real estate agent still cautions, "Don't buy that plane ticket yet!"  Anything can happen!  Nothing is definite until the deal actually closes.


So here I sit in an office with many books and one bookcase less, near my living room that now has an echo in it.  Through 5 (yes 5!) yard sales (some more successful than others), and numerous, repetitious advertisements on Craig's List, I have managed to convert at least one half of my belongings into cold hard cash.  I've come to think that furnishing my home was like freeze framing little portions of life...I never stopped to think before this experience, about just how heavy it had become!  Downsizing is such an eye opener!  As I review each item, hmmmm, to keep or not to keep.  This can be an excruciating question, especially when  need to answer it again and again, sometimes with objects you had forgotten you had.  It seems never ending!  I have been fantasizing regularly about what it will feel like to be finally on the plane, lighter than air with only one small suitcase, jetting toward a whole new life. 


And the new life I have envisioned!  If only one quarter of what I see comes to fruition, what a happy, grateful camper I will be.  Already things seem to be falling into place.  Just tonight Chamisa was adopted into a very loving home, with an beautiful older man I met at one of my yard sales.  We have become friends and I have no doubt that Chamisa will have the love and attention I had hoped for her.  


One of my old friends who I met when I first came to California, a literacy teacher at our local adult school, came to visit last week.  I hadn't known that for several years now, she (Keren) and her husband have been visiting Central America every winter.  They often fly into Panama!  She is a wealth of information and from all the things she has shared so far, I know I am on the right path.  Keren and I have a lot in common.  We both love to read and raise chickens!  She has had a large flock ever since I knew her.


Enough about me.  Two events have happened that are of enormous importance, and I would like to take a moment, if you don't mind, to comment about them.  First, Steve Jobs.  I was never a huge fan of his while he lived, and I'm sorry to say that I never knew that much about him till he died.  What I have learned has been such an inspiration.  Thank you so much Steve Jobs!  You were a being full of love and light!  And I'm sure you still are, somewhere.


What do you think about the "Occupation of Wall Street"?  What is happening?!  We the people!  The sleeping giant is awakening!  It is incredible, wonderful!  We are saying to those few banksters who would garner all the wealth for themselves and the hell with everyone else, employing fraud and all sorts of nefarious activities for their own selfish aggrandizement, "No - no more!".  No matter the political persuasion, everyone I know has suffered at least some loss or marginalization because of the highly unethical and downright illegal actions of these perpetrators.  I'm so proud of those people in New York (I hope my relatives from CT are there at Zuccotti Park!), and if I wasn't so busy trying to tie up my business here, I would definitely be in LA or San Francisco in solidarity with all the people!  Power to the People!  WE ARE ONE.  I am not religious, but I do believe with all my heart that we are here to help each other.


Just one more thing...a housekeeping issue.  I had thought that by joining, people would receive each posting by email.  But from what I understand, that has not been happening.  I don't know if that is a bug in the blog, like some others I have noticed, or if you have to check back in periodically.  If that's the case, I have been posting about every three weeks.  I hope to write more once I am actually on the road.  And just so you'll know...if you sign up "private" you will be invisible to everyone, even me.   Also, it seems that the comments are not showing up.  If it is something I can fix, I will try to do that.  Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment